(Disclaimer: This blog may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may make a small commission from your purchase through these links.) Deerwood + Jones is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.com .)
August is easily the most oppressive month of the summer in Kentucky. Cicadas dominate the soundscape of the outdoors, while the humidity hugs clothes against your body. However, August is also when black walnut tree leaves have begun to turn from green to yellow as the petals of flowering plants wither and brown. Signs that Autumn is on the way! Which also means...PUMPKIN SPICE SEASON! Starbucks traditionally kicks it off with the annual release of their famous Pumpkin Spice Latte. We are still a week or so away from it, therefore, I decided to create a homemade pumpkin spice butter. And it did NOT disappoint.
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
Food processor or blender (This is the model I have)
Parchment or wax paper
2 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp of kosher salt
1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp of sugar
2. Spoon the solidified parts together and place into a cheese cloth. Squeeze out excess into bowl holding the buttermilk and toss or save for later use (we made pancakes with it the next day. YUM!).
3. Rinse off butter ball with cold water.
4. Rinse food processor with cold water and wipe out some of the excess.
5. Place butter ball back into the processor. Add pumpkin pie spice, sugar and salt. Blend for 10 seconds.
6. Spoon butter onto wax or parchment paper, and enjoy!
We made pancakes with the buttermilk discard the following morning and topped them off with the pumpkin spice butter. They were soooo good! If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to sign up for the Deerwood + Jones Newsletter and follow D+J by clicking on the social media icons below! Happy Pumpkin Spice Season!
Savor the Moment,
Natalie from Deerwood + Jones